Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bit More About Myself and Getting Ready

Getting Ready! 

I've got my little Spanish to English translation packets and 
the date is getting closer! I'm incredibly excited. I've just got to do some shopping as I have learnt that the fashion in Costa Rica is quite different from the normal style here in the US. Girls here wear short shorts and are not afraid to show off their legs 😂. However in Costa Rica, girls are encouraged to wear long shorts or jeans a lot... To refrain from showing too much skin below the waist. On the other hand, you can freely wear any tops. I heard its also common for the men to whistle out to you on the streets and make comments. I was told its best to just ignore the remarks. In London men beep at you and call out to you as a joke so I am quite used to ignoring these remarks.

Right, so I said that I would share a bit more about myself... I absolutely love music and am open to all genres a part from hard rock and screamo... They're both a bit too aggressive for me 😋. I I'm a songwriter and I play a little bit of the piano for my songs. I performed one of my own over the summer for the first time... It was a great experience and I learnt a lot about what I have to work on. I hope to perform again sometime soon .

Here's a photo of a spring in Liberia, Costa Rica!! Not that I took of course... The Internet is a great resource for researching where ill be staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment