Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Last Supper

Oh my god. I'm really really enjoying my last piece of my favorite grimaldis pizza, knowing that I'm not gonna be able to have it the next 5 months. My mum now sits across from me, contemplating how we're going to say good bye tomorrow. Honestly, I don't really even want to think about it. Reality is crashing down on me, and the realization that I'm not going to be able to see my mum for the next 5 months is creating a raw hole in my heart. But hopefully it will soon be filled with the loving happiness of Costa Rica. Hahahaha.. Jk. My nerves are building rapidly as I think about leaving, but also my excitement builds. My main concern would have to be the language as everything builds off of that one factor; the friendships, the learning, the ability to feel comfortable. I just hope I will not close myself off because of my beginners Spanish mind. I hope to put myself out there and learn from all the mistakes that are sure to come.
Anyway, my bags are packed and the only thing that I need to prepare is myself. I'm sure the orientation in Miami will help with my nerves, and meeting other AFSers should help also. I'm so incredibly nervous! My adventure starts tomorrow! LET'S DO THIS

No comments:

Post a Comment